Kristin - Palos Hills, Illinois

I believe in that cheap chemical elation you get when you hold someone tight. When your brain floods with endorphins and the blood fills one thousand tiny little capillaries in your head. When all you want is to be with someone and it won’t stop. That cheap chemical elation is what keeps me believing this world has not gone dead.

When all of your thoughts race back to their name and when your heart is filled so much you feel that it is going to pop.

When your stomach is filled with butterflies and your knees are so heavy you can’t stand.

When you don’t need a reason for anyone else to understand and you feel just the same for every feeling they ever had.

When you finally feel you’ve got a reason to live and you’re ready to build a life around that reason.

When you have felt all those things then you’ll understand why I believe in love and all of its forms.

It is not something I could capture in a scent for you to smell. I can’t give it a taste. I couldn’t tell you how to react or if what you’re feeling is really real. All I could tell you is it is something way too beautiful to be put into words and when you’ve felt it you will really know. It is like the gates of your life have been opened and you finally can feel what you’ve been aching for.