Philip - Palos Heights, Illinois

I believe that individuality makes a person. In our world there are too many actors. There are a large amount of people that are not who they act to be, but put on a mask every day. You can see it in business people who put a cool act on. When they are in their place of business they may be cool and collected, but once they leave that building, they know that it was all an act, for the benefit of the client and so forth. There are also just those people that like a certain crowd of people because they get attention, and want that attention for them so they act that way. When someone says that they are either a leader or an individual it is a load of crap because their style. Has been done before. They did not come up with a new fad or a new type of fashion; they have only modified someone else’s old ideas. When a person also says that not caring about what other people think of them is being an individual, its not. How many times have you heard people say that, I know I have heard that about a billion times which means that you and the other 999,999,999 people are just like you? So I know your wondering how to be an individual. That isn’t an easy question, but it’s impossible to be completely individualistic. Everyone is hit by trends or even personal beliefs that they don’t honestly answer because of someone or something else, but the more honest you are show your individuality. You may have the same answers as someone else, but they are your answers. So to change that idea, I believe in being real. Although it is impossible to be a complete individual with all of your own ideas or beliefs, you can be real by making decisions and answering questions that are truly your decisions and your beliefs and have not been skewed by other people or products. Just because I like something, doesn’t mean that you have to like it because I might think that you’re weird. So I believe that people don’t keep it real because of fear. So I believe in fear. People are fearful of what others might think, or not giving the right answers in that certain situation. So now you can say that I believe that popularity sucks. This is what causes us to not be individualistic, not to keep it real, and makes us have fear. Popularity is what changes our minds and answers. It changes our beliefs and the way we see, do, and be everything that we are