nicole - USA
Themes: purpose

I am a firm believer that all things happen for a reason. Some people in the world feel we don’t have our lives planned out for us, but I feel we all have a destiny to follow from the moment we are born. I strongly believe in fate, and I also believe that as we live our lives every moment that passes is the way it should be. I think God has a plan for us and even though we are not always happy or sometimes we get disappointed in ourselves that’s the way we get stronger and learn form the mistakes we make.

I first started learning about fate my freshman year of high school. My teacher has everyone in the room close their eyes. She then asked us to raise our hands if we believed in fate. This got me really thinking and when everyone was raising his or her hands, I ended up peaking. More than half of the room believed that everything happens for a reason. After my class opened their eyes and our teacher started talking about why people believed or didn’t believe in fate. I couldn’t keep myself from discussing with the class why fate was so interesting to me.

This passed year I met a boy who I liked a lot. He ended up being very mean to me, and I didn’t talk to him for months. Somehow when my friends and me were out to dinner I saw him. At that time he was hanging out with the wrong crowd and messing up his life. I think fate brought him to me so I could help him change his life around. Since then we have been together for a year and he doesn’t hang out with those people anymore. He is finally doing something with his future and I feel I helped him succeed in what he is meant to do.

I had witnessed an actual experience with fate when my friend’s father passed away. He was in the hospital for eight months straight. His daughter went out of the country over her summer break while her father was still in the hospital. We all thought he was going to pass away, but he held on. When she came back he became even more ill. A couple of weeks later my friends mother told him and his sister no to go to the hospital because she thought their dad was doing fine. My friend told his sister to get in the car because they were going there anyways. Once the whole family was there he passed away. I feel that my friend was destined to be there when his father died so he could say goodbye once last time.

Fate is something I will always believe in. I feel if something happens it does for a reason. I feel that if you are meant to do something with your life you will. Life is very tricky, and you never know what will happen in your future. People will not always live to be one hundred or even twenty, but wherever life leads you it is your destiny; make the best of it.