Benjamin - Cabot, Arkansas
Themes: work

I have come to believe that there is a very fine line between being what people would consider “productive” during the course of a day and what I would call being “over-booked”. There is a huge difference between the two in my mind. I see the over-booked people as being those people who have something to do every single second of the day and that you have to schedule time to hang out with the person. I see the productive person as one who gets their stuff done but doesn’t have to have something to do or some where to be every minute of the day. Now I am not saying that it is wrong to be the over-booked type of person, I just believe that they add stress to there already very stressful life. For instance, as seniors a lot my friends and I are having to come to the realization that graduate school is just a couple of months away and I have found it very interesting that a lot of these people that I consider over-booked have decided to defer a year from graduate school and these just productive people, which I group myself in, have decided to go ahead and start graduate school on schedule. I believe that this may be because these over-booked people are just so stressed out and tired of school, that they just want a year off to relax and not have to worry about being graded or passing a class. I believe there is a lot to be said for taking an hour or two out of your day just to sit back and relax and unwind, be that watching television or playing video games or even reading a novel. However a person may do it, I believe that unloading some of that stress that is accumulated throughout the day can be very helpful in the long run. This is what I believe.