Shane - Littleton, Colorado
Themes: sports

This I believe…

To me one of the most important beliefs or ideas to have is the importance of getting involved in many activities and not sitting back and watching your life go by. To me this means that you get involved in sports especially. I know that all other activities are very good as well but I know from experience that with sports activities with your school or after school contribute to your overall health very much. They are good to your health because with all the energy that you store during school needs to be used and sports is a very good way to do that. Sports also help you change up your schedule so that you’re not feeling like you live a repetitive and boring life. In additional sports make a person learn to deal with life lessons like losing and winning. Trust me a good lesson on learning how to deal with winning and losing can come in really handy. In general being in sports cannot do any harm and can overall help you with life experiences and maybe even more importantly with your health and weight which seems to be a problem in today’s society.

I always thought that sports were for the sole purpose of fun and excitement. Not until recently did I realize that perhaps the most important thing about being in sports is the lessons you learn of self-control, sportsmanship, challenging your comfort zone, and being able to handle winning and losing. In sports everyone knows that you cannot just go around hitting people or lose your temper that bad. If you lose your self-control then you will end up hurting your whole team and almost no kids are willing to do that. Next sportsmanship is learned through obeying the rules and not freaking out and cheap shotting someone. Challenging your comfort zone and increasing your work ethic is very useful when you get a job. With lessons learned on work ethic and challenging yourself you will do good at your job which overall leads to promotions. Last is the lesson learned on winning and losing which I think most everyone has run into someone who cannot handle a loss and furthermore cannot handle being modest after a win. That is where my life story comes in on how my lesson learned on winning and losing helped me in my life. One day I was applying for a job that I really wanted and thought that I was the best at. It turned out that I did not get the job I felt really bad. Although I was pretty mad I could easily handle it because of a time from the past when I was cut from the team that I was really looking forward to being on. Consequently I turned it around and got a job the next day. I think I have it all to owe to the lessons learned from sports especially learning how to lose and win.