Kayla - Littleton, Colorado

I go to a regular public high school in Colorado. Usually, there is a test or quiz that takes place at least twice a week. As I look around the classroom at my peers faces I see a look of worry as they frantically watch the clock and erase their previous answers. When they get back their papers and I ask, “How did you do?” They look back with a regretful expression ad say, “All the questions I missed were the ones I got the correct answers on, but I erased them and put other answers instead.”

I believe in having no regrets when taking this journey called life.

I started thinking about this when my great grandpa passed away. I saw him quite often when I was young. I would sit on his lap and listen to stories of what it was like when he was a boy and most things only cost five cents. I knew the man but I lacked in really forming a bond with him. I would tug on my mom’s trousers and always ask, “Can we go home soon?” I never saw a reason to make a connection with him until it was too late. After he passed away, memories of him came over me like a flood. Simple things like what he smelt like, the different color sweaters he wore, even the way

he took his coffee. I then realized that I was regretting not getting to know this wonderful man. I made it my personal goal and belief from then on to have no regrets. I saw having regrets as having these huge weights on my back. It was almost a burden. I kept wondering what it would be like if he was really in my life.

People need to learn from the mistake I made which is to have no regrets. Life is truly like one big test. It has a ticking clock that determines your amount of time one has on this planet. The question is what you do with the time. Will you franticly get through the test and second guess yourself and hope that at the end you did pretty well? Or will you take the time to make your decisions and make sure that by the end you did everything you could?

Whether it’s taking a test or even getting to know someone, make sure that by the end you don’t have any regrets. This I believe.