Kevin - Centennial, Colorado

I believe that even the strangest or hardest things in life happen for a reason. I have had a few life experiences that just seem unfair, but I always seem to find out later that something positive comes out of it. The main event that comes to mind for me on this subject is when I moved and had to switch schools in fourth grade. I thought it was so unfair, I didn’t understand. Why would my parents make me leave my friends, my school and my life behind? I didn’t know, and it just so happened that I wouldn’t figure it out until two years later, in sixth grade. At this point, I met someone who would impact my life for a long time. I became friends with someone who continued to move on to become my best friend and remains so to this day. I also believe that this doesn’t just apply to individual people, but the whole world as well. Some of the worlds biggest at the time mistakes have grown to become our greatest accomplishments and have made history. Take the American Revolution for example. When we broke away from the British, they were bitter and angry about losing a war to their own colony. Later as the United States became a world power we became friendly with Britain. Then, when World War struck, it was in a dead stalemate. Then the U.S. joined in on the allies’ side, and it was over. Not only that but if it wasn’t for the states, Britain and France may have lost the Second World War as well. Although we may not understand the reasoning behind every single event that happens to us throughout life, we must take it as it comes and accept that we can move on and better things will come from it.