Ranishia - Landover Hills, Maryland
Themes: purpose

I believe that nothing happens in this world by coincidence. But for everything there is reason and purpose. In everyday life I make decisions, but some one of a much higher power knew exactly what decisions I would make. This higher power has ordered my life accordingly. Some people believe in luck. I believe there is no such thing as luck. There is no such thing as chance. That’s why I’m not very superstitious.

Let’s say I was to play the lottery several times. But each and every time I won absolutely nothing. But one day I came to a decision that I was wasting my money and time because I would never win anything. So I decided to play the lottery just one last time. This time there was a different outcome, someone contacted me saying I won the lottery. Some people would call that chance, others would call this luck. I call that my destiny. It was my destiny to win the lottery this time and not the other times. It was not a coincidence. Maybe it was my purpose to learn patience and longsuffering. Maybe that’s why I never won until I decided to give up.

It was Oprah Winfrey’s destiny to be a talk show host. It was Martin Luther King Jr. destiny to be a Civil Rights leader. It was Presidents George Bush destiny to become president of the United States. It was Selena Quintanilla’s destiny to become a singer. It was Julia Roberts’s destiny to become a successful actress. It was Maya Angelo’s destiny to be a poet. It was Elenor Roosevelt destiny to also be president. It was Jackie Robinson’s destiny to be baseball legend. It was Michael Jordan’s destiny to become a basket ball star. It was Kelly Clarkson’s destiny to win American idol. I think I have proven my point. None of these people are who they are by coincidence. Just like it is my destiny to go to college and be something great.

Some people say that when a couple gets a divorce. That there marriage was a waste of time. I believe that there was a purpose and lesson to be learned. There was no coincidence that they wed and the marriage did not survive. The meeting was not a mistake. It was apart of their destiny. There was a lesson to be learned, maybe the couple learned the lesson or maybe they did not.

Whether I know it or not every choice that I make either has an award or a consequence. For this purpose the consequence’s and rewards that I receive are apart of my destiny. Nothing happens by coincidence but for everything there is a reason and there is a purpose.