Daniel - Centennial, Colorado

Over the course of my life, I have learned many lessons and formed a great deal of beliefs, but just one or two are deeply rooted and really contribute to the rest of my morals. My grandfather, Papa Stan, was a great man. He had some of the greatest qualities a person can have. He was charming, loving, humorous, devoted, and kind to every single person that he ever met. In fact, one of his best friends that he ever had was his closest companion since kindergarten. Papa Stan taught me to respect, be kind to, and to keep in touch with all of your friends and family. From all of Papa’s valuable lessons in my opinion this was the most important. At Papa’s funeral I was introduced to so many people that I had never met before and seemed to know and love Papa Stan and grieve for him like they were part of the family. So many friends that Papa made in his life loved him and were close enough to come to his funeral. After meeting almost everyone at the funeral and discussing all of the great qualities, accomplishments, and contributions my Papa made his lesson really hit home. I believe that respect and kindness are all you need to create friends, and keeping in touch with your friends is more important than just making them. The importance of this is infinite, the more close ties that you have the more help that you can receive in your time of need. Also, if ever someone is in need, you will be on the top of their list of people they can trust to help. Papa Stan never lost a friend in his life, who ever he met they loved him after just a few minutes of conversation. These beliefs guide many of my actions and the way I live my life. All people wish to be respected and to be treated as they treat others. Building friendships and maintaining them was something that my Papa was the greatest at. What he did and he taught me is something that I will truly standby always. This I believe.