Frank - Stafford, Virginia

This I believe. As you go down the path of life you must treat all people with respect and value them. Each person in the world is unique and can if given the right opportunity contribute to the well being of the human team. The Golden Rule of treating others as you would like to be treated is a good rule to live by. It is my responsibility to seek out the good in others even when it is not obvious.

I love the saying that I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet. This puts life in the right perspective and establishes a standard to live by. We all fight battles in life, but the important thing is to know which battles to fight. Too often battles are fought over little things while major issues go unchallenged. Stand your ground on major issues and work through the small miscues of daily living.

To understand others you must at least try to walk a mile in their shoes. You must see the world as they see it and not in some black and white absolute value system. Even the most horrible person operates from a viewpoint that is based upon past experiences. I can not change the past nor predict the future I can only deal with the present day. Therefore I must make the best of the situation that arises on this very day.

If at the end of my life’s journey on Earth there are those who can say they are a little better because Frank walked a while with them then I have fulfilled my duty to others. Come, take my hand and walk a while with me.