Rodolfo - Los Angeles, California
Age Group: 65+
Themes: peace, war

This I believe!

This I believe. I must pray to a higher power for patience, strength and world peace. I am told these wars will never cease.

That centuries of hate will not abate. In rare moments these feelings of hate bare themselves within me. I know better, it gives me pause, so now I understand how they can be invoked by learned prejudice, envy and greed.

I believe there must be brilliant minds that could lead. Where are they? I pray they will come, I want to believe. Must they be summoned from another more powerful enlightened planet, to tell the world to stop this warring?! That wonderful movie, The Day the Earth Stood Still, inspires hope. Send us a Plato to teach us.

To teach us we can all help each other and evolve into a peaceful noble world. Share your toys… spare your boys and girls the horrors of war. Teach them healthy, productive and giving ways.

Look at history, nobody really wins wars. When we work together there will be more cures, more food, more water, more fuel and more tools we can share to make this earth a better place.

Save something good for your grandchildren. Embrace the nearest child, study their truth. Make that a goal for your family, your neighbors, your town, your country and our world.

Come ye men of peace and plant the seeds of harmony and joy.

Maybe we just need peace police. A powerful U.N. that can stop a war!

There must be sages that have enough global clout to say, stop these wars right now…lets negotiate!

Where are you? Come forth and be our timeless heroes!

We need you now, this I believe!