elizabeth - Virginia

I believe that people should love their bodies the way they naturally are without plastic surgery. My whole family but myself has received some kind of plastic surgery. My step mom has had two breast augmentations and liposuction. My mother has had botox. My father has had two body reconstructions. Who decided that people need to alter their bodies and attempted to avoid ageing.

I believe strongly about this because my father almost died from his second plastic surgery. He tried to reach perfection, but what is perfection? After my fathers second plastic surgery he almost died from major complications. He was in critical care. I sat next to him and just watched the doctors run back and forth with IV bags. My mind was numb I could hear and see his heart beat in the monitor. His heart was slow and weak. My eyes did not leave the monitor I was scared his heart would stop beating. For the first time of my life I heard my dad scream from pain. My dad thought he was going to die. He pulled out his will and told us he is sorry for getting an unneeded surgery.

My dad was lucky he lived. After that he realized how much he did not need to be perfect and that he already was. Because of his health, he had to take off of work for two months. In those two months my dad was a changed man. He realized all he needed to do was be a good father and be involved in his daughters’ lives. I guess when he thought he was going to die he had regrets because he worked all the time and did not see his family as much as he should. Like everyone he does not want to have regrets when it is his time to go.

After this experience I realized how much a person’s body is sacred and it looks a certain way for a reason. If everyone got plastic surgery we would all look the same. All the women would have big breasts, flat tummies, proportional noses, and small wastes. Men would have tight six packs, perfect chins and tight eyes to remove the scarecrow creases. We all naturally look different and we all have flaws. The flaws ad character and define the way we look. The way our bodies look is a part of our personality.

Word count (412)