Margie - las vegas, Nevada
Themes: work

Dreaming is needed – This I Believe

Have you ever listened to a person who has vision and been awed? Take Donald Trump or Oprah Winfrey. Do you not look at them and say, Wow! Their dreams are dynamic! I’m going to share my dreams and why I believe we need to dream.

Have you ever wondered why people are where they are today? Why do people make so much per hour? Why are some people’s lives so unsatisfying while others are greatly satisfying?

Four years ago, I was not a dreamer. I had no vision. I was trying to get through life, day by day. A good friend of mine wanted me to go to this self-improvement seminar. I was a single mother barely able to feed my two children, and she wanted me to spend $450.00! I told her NO for two years! One day she came to me and said, “I paid for the seminar and you’re going.” I went to the seminar; it turned out to be the best four days of my life.

Here’s a little history of myself. My parents neglected their children. Yes, I was neglected. They had their own lives with each trying to succeed in their own businesses. I have two sisters, and we were with babysitters or most of the time we spent on our own. For years I was very angry, but I finally realized my parents did the best they could. I made a vow to myself to raise my kids differently.

During the seminar, we had to look back at our childhood. I know every psychological “whatever” comes from one’s childhood. When I was a child, I thought my parents cared about their dreams more than their own kids. I made a sub-conscious decision not to dream. NOT TO DREAM! I was just trying to raise my kids and get through life.

During this seminar I realized if I were not happy, my children would grow up unhappy and not have goals for themselves. I started right then and there making goals for myself.

I dreamt that I didn’t want to be in poverty anymore and within a year I was making double of what I had. Within three years it was triple.

I dreamed I would find the love of my life, someone who could be good with my kids and have a great head on his shoulders. I found this man within a year. He is now my husband.

I dreamed of going back to school and look at me now. During all of this dreaming, I haven’t given up on my children. In fact, I’m spending more time with my children. My dream now is to get my degree and show my children the importance of education. Show them how hard work is important. How having goals is important. To visualize and dream about those goals are just as important. One can live life living and dreaming or one can slowly die without having dreams. Dreaming is needed – I’m living proof!