Aaron - wichita, Kansas
Themes: hope

Everything Will be Okay

I have always been a laidback and relaxed person. I have been this way since my childhood. I can remember when I would go to a sleepover at a friend’s house. All the other kids would be running around, acting crazy. I, however, would sit and watch them. I would be the first one asleep and the last to wake up. Yet as I entered high school as a freshman, this characteristic began to fade away.

Upon entering the International Baccalaureate program as a freshman, I remember I’d be given long, stressful assignments such as essays consisting of well over a thousand words and I would not know how to handle it. I would stress out, break down, and not be able to maintain my focus, allowing my goal to drift out of sight. My mother could easily see that I was unable to cope with such pressure and expectations. I can remember her telling me not to forget that everything, no matter how big the task at hand, will work out for the better. At first I did not know how to handle this advice. At this time I was forced to question her sanity. This was due to the fact that the paper assigned would either make or break my grade. Although I felt pressure I worked on the paper through the night and was able to finally complete it on time. When I got the paper back a few weeks later, I was surprised, relieved and overwhelmed with joy to see that I received an excellent score. I realized that my mother’s advice was not only actually right, but extremely helpful.

Now, as a junior, I remain in the vigorous IB program. I have used this advice countless times as a student and as a teenager growing and developing into my own person. Although I have been put in stressful situations time and time again, in which I was sure I was doomed to failure, I still managed to prevail and conquer my adversities. I believe that everyone should follow my mother’s advice. Life will throw the unexpected at you and all you can do is bow your neck and move forward. This I believe: No matter what, everything will be okay.