Michael - Watrous, Canada

How I Attracted 7 Angel Investors in 3 Weeks

Like many others, I have a pet idea that I would love to get ‘off the ground’. In my case, it is an idea that has been banging around in my head for over 30 years, just waiting for the right circumstances to line up in order to breathe life into it. This is a n idea for a unique ‘Ring-Wing’ glider that I was originally shown way back in the mid 1980’s by a friend of mine in Halifax. It was very simple, really. Two loops of paper, with a drinking straw stuck to the insides. One loop at the front and the other at the back. With a bit of gum jammed in the front for a ballast.

When my friend tossed it to me like a dart, it flew really well. Really well! It was love at first flight. I never forgot the elegant design after all these years.

Fast forward thirty years. I had fiddled with the design in my spare time and started to advance it to a slightly more sophisticated level. At a certain point though, I hit the proverbial ‘brick wall’. I could only take it so far with my limited means. Being a freelance artist meant that I usually only had barely enough money to make ends meet, never mind plunging full-bore into R&D of an aeronautical design!

The problem was, I had built and flown dozens of crude prototypes and through my experimentation I felt certain that the design warranted more development. The deeper I got into it, the more determined I was that I really was onto something. I was becoming obsessed.

Long story short, I started to feel a bit demoralized due to my ‘perceived’ lack of funds. I had heard that a person could tap into the power of one’s sub-conscious mind to solve any challenge, as long as one’s intention is perfectly clear. I started to do a little meditation at bedtime just before I drifted off to sleep. After faithfully performing this task for three nights, I was woken up from a deep sleep by an urge to write. I shuffled out of my warm, cosy bed and made my way to my keyboard, where, after about an hour of pecking away, I had typed up the following:

I Believe

I believe in the power of creativity

and the power of a Higher Being.

I believe angels all around me

are eager to help me in times of need.

I believe in my own powers of decision

and making up my own mind.

I believe in perseverance

and not taking ‘no’ for an answer.

I believe in my ideas

and I will not be discouraged by cynics.

I believe in friends

who believe in me.

I believe in the stroke of genius

and the ‘aha!’ experience.

I believe in my heroes

and emulate their courage in my life.

I believe I can defy the odds

and change the world.

I believe I can make a difference

with my own two hands.

I believe that if I believe

I give myself permission

to be happy in my heart

and strong in my spirit!

I believe in reaching out to the world

by expressing myself

in whatever medium

I freely choose.

I believe I can launch my ideas

with dedication and commitment.

I believe my ideas will be appreciated

by the people that really matter.

I believe everyone has a soul-mate

and a life-path to follow.

I believe that we are here for a reason

and that is to nurture our creative spirits.

I believe in a community of friends

who share common ideals.

I believe in working together

and getting results.

I believe in clarity

and a blazing conviction.

I believe in passion

and an eagerness to work.

I believe in humor and laughter and joy

especially when times are tough.

I believe in the fertility of the universe

and the abundance of opportunity for all.

This little ditty ‘arrived’ full-blown. What you see is the first and only draft. After typing it out, I re-read it, thought it sounded pretty good, saved it on my computer, and then went promptly back to sleep. The next day a good friend dropped over and I invited him to read the poem. He was instantly mesmerized by what he read and announced on the spot that he wanted to put it to music. As if this wasn’t amazing enough, within three weeks, seven other individuals read the poem and they all decided to invest capital into the research and development of my flying invention.

This huge breakthrough fired up my enthusiasm, as you can well imagine. I was now able to really get going with the project. I accelerated the process like never before, creating a full-fledged professional-quality prototype that I dubbed ‘Skyaak’. The prototype rapidly advanced though several incarnations until I arrived at the Model 3. The Model 3 has achieved a lot of notoriety since I started to put out the word. The Long Island NY-based company New da Vincis has scooped it up as a Feature Product on its exciting new online ‘Inventor’s Boutique’ called www.NewDaVincis.com How cool is that? Best-selling Minneapolis-based author of “Adventures from the Technology Underground” William Gurstelle wrote a rave review after he tried one out for himself. He feels that Skyaak is “Canada’s Answer to the Frisbee”!

It is my hope that this story will encourage readers not to give up on their dreams. All you have to do is really believe you can do it! Set aside your doubts and fears and dare to believe that you can accomplish your heart’s desire! If nothing else, you will be in the proper frame of mind to be receptive to the abundance of the universe.