Ashleigh - Rexburg, Idaho

Many people tend to tell me that dreaming and especially day dreaming is overrated and is only for those certain individuals who have way too much time on their hands. But to dream is more then just thinking of that cute boy in your Spanish class asking you out, but to dream is the possibility of what you can make of yourself or make of the world. What would the world be like if we all stopped dreaming? Hope of a better day, of a better life would not exist, so because of this I believe in the right to dream!

Let’s face it, the world is depressing. We are constantly seeing people suffer and seeing unhappiness throughout the world on the television screen. We are faced with dangerous possibilities around every corner. But there is a bright light along the way of that dark tunnel of life and that light is found in a dream. Our own personal lives might have nightmares along the way, but we all hope for that dream. Sometimes the only way to get through a day, as I have learned throughout my life, is to dream of tomorrow and believe that everything will work out for the best. Life would be dreary without dreaming, hope would be gone and all that would remain is the state that we are all in now. I have to believe that things will change, that I will change and I do that through my dreams.

Maybe not all my dreams will help me become a greater person or help me change the world, but they make me smile and they make me laugh. So what if I want to own a giraffe and kiss in the rain? So what if I never become a professional singer because I can’t carry a tune for the life of me? What harm is it going to cause me to dream those dreams? My dreams make me want to accomplish things, and I believe that even if I don’t completely accomplish a dream, I will have lived a part of it and will love it. So I say to all those people who say dreaming is a waist of time “Bug off and let me dream!”