Mason - Pataskala, Ohio

I quickly crouch behind the nearest cover to buy a little more time, every second is crucial. I frantically reached into my backpack to check my supplies. One grenade, one ration pack, and two extra clips for my trusty battle rifle, good…I think I can make this work. I grab the grenade, prepare to throw it, and KABOOM! It is ironic that out of all the things I could have hid behind I choose an explosive barrel. As a seasoned video gamer I should have know better. After my startling death and end of the world, I return to reality. But after pressing start I quickly leave my life and enter the war torn reality, alive once again.

After saving the world from certain doom, I feel like coming back to my everyday life, and getting on with my day. I am an avid video gamer, I always have been and plan on being one until I die. I believe video games are my blow off valve. Through video games I am able to let all of my stress and frustrations vanish at the press of a button. After doing my finger stretches I reach for my controller and begin my therapy.

If I have had a bad day, it always makes me feel better to blow something up. Any day that I am feeling overly confident I can be belittled by Alex Trebek in a round of Jeopardy. If my Buckeyes were to ever lose, I could always get out NCAA Football and rewrite history more to my liking.

I can still recall being victorious over my father in Intelligent Cube, just to be demolished in Mario Cart next. Through video games I am able to revisit these times and able to make new memories with my family and friends. My grandmother recently hustled me on online poker. It is almost a given that she was bragging to all of her friends the next day. The next time I go to visit I am going to get an ear full about that straight flush. My grandmother sure holds onto that memory, it is amazing what the elderly refuse to forget.

Video games have also infiltrated my other hobbies, cars and sports. This morning I finally bought a Saleen S7 and drove it straight into a wall, but that is beside the point. Most likely I will never own a Saleen S7 but I would love to. I also became the only three time recipient of the Heisman Trophy a couple of days ago, I will probably go in the first round of the draft next year.

Video games are great because they can help me deal with stress or just expand on my dreams I already have. Now if you will excuse me, I have the urge to be the lead guitarist for ZZ Top.