Rose - Lebanon, Oregon

Her name is Julie, and she is my best friend. We shop together, went to Hawaii together, laughed together, cried together. Julie inspired me to stop and take time to smell the flowers, to see everyday as a beautiful day even if it was a grey cloudy rainy day. To never worry about what others think of you for you are who you want to be, and the only one that you need to prove your love to is yourself. The love for God she shared with me through her church. My belief that there was a God was tested beyond all to me.

Julie had been fighting breast cancer, and went into remission we thanked the good Lord together for that. But then a few months later it was back, and it was much worse than before. This time the tumor was in her breast bone not just in the tissue anymore. I took her to doctors appointments, and held her after her last doctors appointment when she was told that there was nothing more they could do, and that was her fourth doctor that she had been to for an opinion. The tumor was in her breast bone and showed no sign of slowing down or stopping with all the treatments.

For the next three months I was at Julies house everyday we laid in her bed and watched our favorite show ‘I Love Lucy’ together. I held her when she was in pain, and listened to her cry. I told her that there was no God because if there was he would not allow this to happen to her, or to anyone. Julie in all her pain and agony took my face between the palms of her hands and told me “he has never left my side don’t push him away from yours. He doesn’t pick and choose who gets this disease, but when one does have it he(god) never leaves your side. Her strength and belief kept me strong and believing. The next morning I received a phone call to get to Julies house right away. When I arrived Julie was laying their in her bed unresponsive. I sat behind her, laid her head in my lap, and held her while she passed away. I believe that god was with her for an angel was going to heaven. I believe that friends and faith can take you to higher and better places in life than one could ever imagine. Just BELIEVE!