Theresa - Kellyton, Alabama
Themes: love

I believe that today’s customs have changed from those of the past. Marriage for instance is very different than that of years ago. In the past, social status was a huge part of why couples were married. You did not marry out of your social class. Love was not the most important thing in a marriage, Money was.

Today however social rank does not play as large of a role. Granted it’s still apparent in society but now people marry for love more than money. Most people are not affected by social class and one’s place in society as they were many years ago.

I believe in love and the power it has over money, social class, and anything else the world throws in our way. Once it was not this way but now people are not as consiencious of their differences in society.

My sister is a great example of this. She married her husband Jeff because they are madley in love. Nothing can tear them apart. When she married Jeff he was working at a 7-11 and living in a trailer park. That didn’t matter to my sister Helen. They were in love and money and social rank did not matter a single bit.

They are the perfect example of how much social rank and it’s effect on marriage has changed over the years.