William - Wallsend, United Kingdom
Age Group: 65+
Themes: atheism

? – Who Needs Absurd ‘Beliefs’ – ?

Reflections of an Octogenarian.

Religiosity? – Throughout life, I’ve never regarded this subject as deserving of any serious thought – – –

However, with quietus in the offing, the excessive religious coverage in the media inevitably agitates the neurons.

Of late, these irritations have provoked a deep re-appraisal – – – & has utterly reaffirmed my basic intuition!

Logical conclusions after a lifetime of listening inadvertently to broadcasters of religious ‘Faiths’.

A simple story. No need for the meandrine moonshine of ‘erudite intelligentsia’.

Just take yourself back in time & examine unvarnished facts.

Please acknowledge that the primitive mind was bound to generate, quite naturally, mythological imagery of an Elysian nature.

Also, one must accept that the relative ignorance of early Humanity, coupled with understandable fears of the unknown, provided those individuals seeking power over their fellows (a natural human trait), with the conditions to set up as Medicine-Men, Witch-Doctors, Sorcerers, Soothsayers – – – et al, all claiming to have insights & contact with a ‘power’ – of sorts. So began the blight of Shamanism, leading on to airy-fairy religions.

As time unveiled the past, these facts have not been fully appreciated, hence, the ensuing rash of religiosity has not been branded for what it really is – – –

An early conceive, of ignorance & apprehension – Perpetuated through millennia by IMPOSTORS – Preying on credulous naivety.

The natural process of evolution, via many devious pious paths, has now landed us with the present crop of Archbishops, Ayatollahs, Rabbis, Popes, Imams, JWs – & a host of other hypocritical sect leaders, incessantly brainwashing the largely unthinking masses with their ridiculous & childish ‘Holy Beliefs’. The Billy Grahams of the world, gifted with gab & showmanship, use their ‘bewitching powers’ to prey on the gullibility of the artless.Yes indeed, in modern form, the Witch-Doctors are still at it! – Mountebanks All!

The facts listed above are beyond dispute – Deism? / Divinity? – Absolute Man-made hokum!

Any thinking person realises that the Universe is truly an awesome Quantum / Astronomical creation. As part of that creation, our attempts at it’s full understanding seem futile. Probing the atom or ‘heavenly’ space & we’re contemplating infinities. Fouling up our minds with a rag-bag of archaic religiose twaddle does nothing to help enlighten our ignorance!

Anyone taking this farcical subject seriously has to be absolutely pickled in traditional folklore and/or in a sad mental state. Using it’s bogus validity for an easy living and/or monetary gain, it’s impostrous practitioners must have no damn conscience at all.

Far too much reverence is devoted to the abstract of religiosity. Vast volumes of impotent bombastic rhetoric has been generated by impostors who use their dominant dishonest acumen to sublimely charm others to wander in an unreal ‘Spiritual Wonderland’ that is totally unworthy of any honest contemplation.