Lindsey - Spring Lake Heights, New Jersey

I believe in my sister. Although I have three sisters that I love so much, there is one that I believe is my true best friend. A female offspring having both parents in common with another offspring is the technical definition of a sister. But I believe my sister is that and more. She is a caring, loving, and compassionate person. She is more than I could ask for in a friend and she believes in me too.

My sister Alison is 30 years old. I also have two other sisters ages 24 and 32. There is a 10 year age difference between us but you would never be able to tell. We look alike, we act alike, and we even talk alike. People who don’t know me but know Alison always say, “You are so Alison.” And who knows if this is why we bond so well. But I do know that most of the time when I hear this, I am flattered.

Alison has been my mother figure since I was young. She was the one who took me shopping for clothes in 2nd grade and taught me that bodysuits were the cool thing to wear. She was the one that packed all my siblings and I in the station wagon plus our friends and brought us to Great Adventure every year. She was the one that brought me to my first concert when I was only 13 to see The Dave Matthews Band. And when we are alone or with other people, she always refers to me so positively and puts me in a special light. She has done so much for me that the list goes on.

When Alison got married we all went out for her bachelorette party I was that last one standing with her at 2:00 in the morning. The night before her wedding, I was the one she was hanging out with until it was time to go to bed. And when we went to bed, she slept with me and we talked until we fell asleep.

There is not one day that goes by that I don’t call Alison or just stop by her house to say hi. I am over for dinner at least once a week and sometimes these nights can turn into sister bonding nights drinking wine on her deck until four in the morning which has happened way too many times in the past few years. We have so much to talk about and we have so much in common it is hard to make a conversation quick. I can call her with absolutely nothing to say and end up being on the phone for an hour. We have so much trust in each other and I can talk to her about everything and anything.

Alison always tells me how close she was with my mom when she was my age. And sometimes I get upset and discouraged that I can’t have the same relationship with my mom too. But Alison reminds me that she and I have the same relationship. She fills in a void that I have in my life and there is no other person I would rather fill it than her. That is why I believe in my sister Alison.