Luis - Portland, Oregon
Themes: prejudice

? Luis Escalera

Why The Hate?

I believe that poeple shouldn’t be judeged by the way they look like, but by who they are.

It was 98 f. outside and my family and I were all tired and felt liked getting refreshed. So we decided to go to the Columbia river and get cooled down. When we got there we noticed there was no parking lots available, but suddenly we found one and decided to go park. We got there and noticed a no parking lot sign. There was a guy who told us no parking. screaming at us, my dad said “we know”. So we were trying to get out of the parking lot but our van was too big. So we went back in the parking lot to fix ourselves and the guy said the same thing angrily, “No parking parking here”, My dad again said “were trying to get out but we cant”, the guy just ignored us and said whatever. We were still struggling and we couldnt get out, so my mom tried the same thing, then once again the guy got in our way and said this time with an angry voice “no parking, you stupid brown wetbacks dont know how to park”, so my dad got so mad and got off the van and told the guy to calm down. At this point I was so pissed that I got off the van too and started talking back to the man.

We dont know the man got so scared he got in his car and quickly drove off. After that day my mom and dads life changed. It changed because they had never expiernced such racism like that in there twenty years that they’ve been in the U.S. My parents life changed in a way that just by looking at a person not there skin color they would say “oh how much I wish I was American”, My parents just haven’t been the same way around white poeple because you never know who or what they might be like , until you actually meet them.

So what im trying to say poeple is that “DONT JUDGED SOMEONE BY HOW THEY LOOK LIKE, SEEM OR DRESS BECAUSE DEEP INSIDE SOME POEPLE ARE VERY DIFFERENT TO YOU OR MIGHT EVEN BE THE SAME AS YOU.