Nicole - Gig Harbor, Washington

Life is what you make it; plain and simple. I believe that we, in the end, control how we live, and what we perceive to be what life its self is. The written Amendments of our country state “The right of the people to be secure it their persons”. We live in a nation of freedom. We are free to “do as we please”, and in a nation under God we are morally obligated to “please as we do”.

I am nearly 18 years old, and live in a small, slightly upscale, sheltered town. In my life the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with is the heartbreak of young love and the problems of my friends. I guess for me to step out of my nearly perfect life I have engaged myself in the lives of my friends, trying to learn what life is really about. Trying to understand how different people deal with there problems. Not until recently have I known how to truly learn from others mistakes. I believe for the most part to relieve your self of the amount of struggles to come, you must learn from others, and make life yours.

Our country seems to be in a bind, maybe because we did not look to the past for the answers to what is in front of us. “The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by an State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.” When this country started it was made on the fundamentals of the rights then men we denied that came to Seattle here. Even with this being taught in every US history class in America only 64% of citizens of age voted last year. With 36% of people who didn’t vote, the election could have been either’s win. I don’t believe that there’s really much more of a reason for this then shear laziness.

The most powerful part of the Constitution is found in the first three words “We The People”. Our country was founded by thousands of people that died to be able to say those words and decide how there country would be assemble. We must, at least for there sake, uphold there honor, we as a county to be come together and become stronger. We need more respect for the country, its fore fathers, and the rights which we morley should be obligated to fulfill. This, I believe.