Jussimara Alves - Wiesloch, Germany
Themes: equality

THE FUTURE LOOKS GOOD

I believe the future looks good. Years ago, however, most people would have said: The most promising sign of a bright future is a good marriage for women and a successful career for men.

Nowadays, women and men need to map out the road to their individual futures between realistic and attainable goals. A profitable future is when they are content with their lives, jobs, friends, and children. The future is connected to success and happiness. But what is the secret of a promising future?

Firstly, women have better access to education and greater financial independence. Consequently, they have more options, this indicating a more positive development for them. Women are not only restricted to professions such as secretaries, nurses or teachers, but they may also obtain top positions as leaders of large companies, or as lawyers, astronauts and entrepreneurs. Some women are able to have both a happy family life and a happy working life. This is an advancement compared to the past.

Secondly, some men are polite in public about the progress of women, their success, and they deliberately accept this in their private lives. The classic stereotype that a successful future is only for men is no longer possible in our modern society. Harmony and balance can be found with work, family, and friends, when women and men develop the same interests.

From my point of view, the future looks good for men and for women, but it depends on the aims that they want to achieve. Success is certainly unique to each person. The future is a process that never ends, because it is a journey, not a destination.

Along my way in life, I always need to appreciate what I already have and to celebrate each small accomplishment that leads to a grand prize. It makes me happy and gives me motivation and inspiration to continue in the direction of my own future. I think I am one of those people who wait for the future to come like a nice surprise. And suddenly, I am very happy because I have obtained my goals, and after that I am challenged by new ones again. This journey seems to be a continual process that does not end.

Of course, luck and money can help and give us some ease along the way, but women and men need to be conscious creators of their private and professional futures, not simply passive creatures. They need to be discovers of the secrets of their own futures.