Jhenette - Novato, California

My parents brainwashed me. I’m not playing. They have programmed my mind for years now, my entire life even. They had it all planned out from the very beginning. They were manipulating my mind when I was in diapers. I was just a chubby, little baby, who could barely roll over, let alone foresee the madness they were imposing upon me. Time and time again, as I lay there on my back, my mother would change my diapers with a seemingly harmless smile. That’s when it would begin. She would…well…I don’t know how else to say this, except that she would

“Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong, sing of good things not bad, sing of happy not sad.”

I lay there, giggling and smiling back up at my mother. I had no idea what my parents had in store for me. On top of that, I had no idea that they had initiated their plot even before I was in diapers. It was the perfect plan. They had me cornered in my mother’s womb. I had to face the music. As I quietly rested, they slid headphones over my mother’s stomach and permeated my tiny haven with music. The music was actually peaceful and quite enjoyable. I had no chance.

It didn’t stop there. They knew exactly how to entice my mind. Every night, before I went to bed, they would come into my room, tuck me in, and… sing to me. They outnumbered me! And they actually made the singing sound rather nice. They even added harmonies. That really played tricks on my mind. It was too good to resist. And they always sang the same song every night…

“Edelweiss, edelweiss, every morning you greet me, small and white, clean and bright, you look happy to meet me…”

The repetition drilled Edelweiss into my mind. It fed into my dreams, my thoughts, and my subconscious. Sometimes during the day, I would find myself singing and would not be able to remember when I had started. Soon I couldn’t fall asleep without it. I was unknowingly addicted to it.

It hasn’t gotten any better. If you can believe it, they’ve lured me into a family band. They entice me over to the piano and have me sing songs like “We Are Family” and “Livin’ on a Prayer” over and over again. But I know what they’re really up to. They can’t fool me. I’m brainwashed, but I’m not going in for deprogramming any time soon.

“La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la…”