Emily - greenwood village, Colorado

Do you ever wonder what your purpose is here on Earth? What you are doing with your life and how to accomplish these things? How you can believe in yourself? I often ponder these questions in my mind and have many thoughts concerning them. I must have faith… It is as simple as that. This faith I believe makes me a stronger human being.

I have faith in two key things. Those include faith in my own self and faith in my religion or beliefs. These two are linked in such a way that I can’t have one without the other, and I wouldn’t have the personal faith that I do if I didn’t have faith in my religious beliefs. My religion believes that we are here on Earth for a purpose. Each one of us is meant to help others and not just think about ourselves. I believe there is something bigger, and more important than me. This makes me rise to a higher standard. I know there is something out there more important than my own well-being.

I need faith in myself to proceed in my activities and aspirations. I need to believe in myself that I can do the best of my ability. All I can do is the best I can do! I set standards for myself and I rise to those standards. I believe I am here for a purpose, to help others. Whether it may be, being a friend to someone lonely or giving time to support a cause or charity group, I need faith in myself that I can accomplish it.

Throughout these past few years, my faith has grown so much, in my religion and in myself as well. This I believe has made me a stronger, better human being. Three years ago I started Middle School and now I am a freshman in High School. Middle school was the beginning of peer pressure for me. My peers began to make me do things that were not included in my standards. They pressured me into drinking, drugs and being mean to my other peers. I don’t know about you, but my friends have a great influence on me and I want to impress the best of them. These people put others down and I was a part of it. I soon realized this wasn’t the right thing to do. I needed faith in myself that I could stick up for myself and tell these people how hurtful they were being toward others. I had faith that I could accomplish this task and I set my mind to it. I got this done and then I stood up for the things I truly believed in… I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to help others.

It all ties together in one simple statement. If I have faith in myself then I can stand up for what I believe which is giving all my effort to helping others. I have faith that this is the real reason I am here on this earth. This I believe makes me a strong person.