Zach - Centennial, Colorado

Have a Sense of Humor

People need to loosen up and have a sense of humor. Stop being so serious all the time, you won’t have any fun in your life if you can’t relax and laugh a little. Live your life and above all, have a great time doing it.

Without a sense of humor what are you? A person who can’t tell or take a joke is considered, in most circles, boring and uptight. No one wants to be around a downer. Be happy, laugh a little, even better a lot. You can’t be enjoying your life if you can’t laugh at things, you can’t be stern all the time. Sometimes you need to let that crazy and even sometimes relentless side out of you. When I say relentless I’m not saying be mean to everyone but you don’t always have to be politically correct.

I used to be that serious person, sometimes I still am. Unfortunately I don’t feel like I can let my humorous side out either because I’m not comfortable with doing it around certain people or my comment isn’t exactly appropriate for that setting. Obviously, you need to limit the wild side of you and know when you need to be serious. I limit myself too much. But, one day I decided I didn’t care what people say. It was last year, I was in an English class I wasn’t to happy about and I didn’t have too many friends in the class. I figured I had to make the best of the situation and I was given the perfect opportunity, a class discussion. I made a few comments that sent the class into uproarious laughter, not to mention the song and dance routine I was compelled to perform. I also found myself naming each member of The Jackson Five (Jermaine, Jackie, Michael, Marlon, and Tito). After that, everyone in that class pretty much loved me. I’m also a notorious Tic-Tac addict so I constantly joked about that. During that semester I would receive a pack of Tic-Tac’s on the first Friday of every month. I hope I am able to open up like this in at least one class before the end of the semester, I don’t think I’m shy I just stay reserved until I get the opportunity to be who I really am. My advice to everyone is don’t stay reserved, you’ll be much happier and more people will like you if you loosen up.

Explore all traits of your personality, do what makes you feel good. Don’t stay home all weekend and study, go out and have fun, live your life. Don’t end up wondering what could have been. When you’re older you don’t want to look back and regret anything. Life is kind of like a bike, ride it ‘til the wheels fall off.