Victor - Plano, Texas
Themes: love

I am a hopeless romantic and yet, I believe that love is everywhere. I believe in the power of love. I believe that love is the greatest panacea ever imagined. I believe love is what governs and balances our world.

Love is what drives us to do the things that we do. People don’t do things out of hate, but out of love for something else. Some people kill out of love. Some people die out of love. One person may die defending his beloved country. Another may die from trying to take a country that he would love to get his hands on. The most evil men in the world had love. Stalin loved country… but not his people. Adolf Hitler would’ve loved to see the world be purged of “non-pure beings”.

Love heals the untouchable wounds. How many times have we heard of the miracles that have occurred under the love and care of another? How many times have we heard of a person being revived by the love of another? Antithetically, how many times has a mother, a father, a grandparent, an aunt, an uncle, a sibling, a girlfriend, a boyfriend, a lover, or any other healed an emotional wound of ours? Through either a kind word or a loving kiss, love can always heal the wounds that we have.

Love is what makes the world happen. Love is the brother and sister playing in the park together, one pushing another on the swing. Love is the adolescent girl and boy walking sneakily in the park, after ditching their home. Love is the middle-aged married couple sitting at home watching a movie by the fire. Love is the elderly man and woman singing at church together, holding hands. Love is everywhere and love is everything

Sure, I’ve fallen in love (and I don’t say that lightly), and I know it’s out there, but sometimes it’s amazing seeing and listening to people say that love doesn’t exist… that love is just something conjured up by society. Sometimes I just wish that people would believe in love, because… love is here… love is everywhere.