Bianca - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe that anyone who is anyone needs a friend. No matter their positions in life, their beliefs, no matter how stubborn, pigheadedness a person can be. No matter if you see things in shades of black and white and he or she shades of gray. Anyone who can feel emotion, regret, happiness, sorrows. Anyone who bleeds, or breaths air as we should, needs a friend.

A friend in my own opinion should be a person’s most treasured possession in life. A friend is someone who knows your thoughts. Who knows your fears. Knows your likes and dislikes. A friend is someone who does not judge on your choices, weather it be your choice in clothing, your hair style for a day. Weather you decide to listen to him or her when your choice in clothing or hair style is fashions don’t. Your friends are the ones who know you more then your family. They know your secrets. They will see you in the way you wish to be seen and in return they know you’ll do the same.

I cannot imagine my life without anyone of my friends. My friends have always been my source of strength and comfort, and they have helped me through a lot.

Eighth grade, my Grandfather had fallen deathly ill, and all that my family could do was wait for change. Soon after the news of my Grandfather, I began to drift from those closest to me. I had no explanation, and a numbness feeling grew inside me. My freshmen, my mother gave birth to my youngest sister. Soon after, she developed health problems. There was no change in my Grandfathers health, and my relationship with my parents grew sour. I was pushing both my family and friends away. Though I pushed away from everyone, my best friend never stopped being there for me. My sophomore year, my depression became worse. I began to take pills for whatever reason I could come up with.

My Grandfather died two days before New Years and shortly, after I was confronted by my family and friends, I needed help. For the first time in a long time I opened up, and she, my best friend was there to help me through it. She helped me cut my addiction with pills, and my parents got me help.

Through the death of my Grandfather and the fall of my relationship with my parents and though I pushed her away, she never gave up and stuck by my side. She helped me get rid of my addiction, my depression, and the death of my Grandfather. For all that she has done she will never know how much I’m thankful.

Someone once told me that a friend is someone who knows the song to your soul and sings you the words when you have forgotten it. Its very true. Never let go of your friends. Acknowledge them for all that there worth because you never know when your time is up.