andrea - albuquerque, New Mexico

The Love Of A Sister

This I believe

I believe in Faith, but I’m still lost with confusion. Does faith help you achieve your dream? I try and believe, wish, and pray that the person I love, my brother, achieves his goal, but its not really coming through. It’s almost the deadline and it doesn’t seem to be working. So I’m left thinking do I still believe in faith? If you woke up every morning, everyday of your life to play the sport that you love, hoping to pursue the dream you’ve longed for and you keep trying what do you do what do you do when you’ve realized that your time to make it happen is running out?

My big brother, Adam, has been playing baseball ever since he was a little boy on through middle school, up to high school, and now he is playing in a small community college. He is twenty- three years old, he is the leader of his college team, and this is his last year to make it where he’s always wanted to go, The Major Leagues. I have faith that a scout will come and recognize his talent and all his hard work will be paid off. I think since he’s gone this far that it’s the next best thing not only that, but because it’s his American Dream.

I know that he wants it; he tells me he wants it. I see it. We all see it. Everyone wants this for him, although it hasn’t happened yet. I still have my faith in him and his dream. I know that my brother is the best and I know this can come true for him. I know the first thought that comes to my mind is what if. What if it doesn’t come true? I got some advice from a smart man one day. He told me that you couldn’t always live your life on what it’s. I think back and I hear this running through my head and it true. You only have one life so might as well make the best of it. Go for it because you just never know.

Faith has pulled through for me before several times. For instance, I was very nervous about the science fair in my 8th grade year and I worked myself and I believed in myself that my project could be the best. I worked on that project for a long while and on the day of the science fair I was so nervous thinking what if this isn’t good enough, but it was and I was very happy that I got 1st place.

So see the faith I had in myself worked now I hope it works for my brother. I believe that faith will pull through and dreams will expand and come true into reality. This I believe.