Jonathan - Green Bay, Wisconsin

I believe that the ability to change is one of the greatest attributes a human can have. Be the change for better or worse, change shows that you are willing to branch out and take a leap of faith into an unknown. Sure we can know how changing to one thing has positively or negatively affected someone else but we can never know what it does to us. In a year and a half time span I will now have gone to three different colleges. This change has been great towards my grades and my health for that matter. In my first year of colleges I got drunk five nights a week and my grades to a shot with me. Now I am at a two-year college and my grades are great but my social life is non-existent. Next semester I will be back at a 4-year college majoring in what I want to major in. Hopefully I will have a bit more of a social apparatus there. I changed from loving life but doing poorly, to hating life but doing well, to hopefully a healthy balance of both. Truly change is an impressive thing. One can always change things when it is going bad. Who is to say that it won’t get worse though when you change it? What is more impressive are the individuals who take the leap of faith when things are going well, to try to make them go great. The question always arises, what if things get worse with change and we can’t change it back? That is a risk that you must be willing to take. Besides you can always make another switch. Change is something that some people are unwilling to do. Some people are afraid of change, which is a perfectly ok thing. A very traditional person loves the way things are. They love sitting down as a family at the table every Sunday and eating as a family. They love to have a game night every Tuesday night with the kids or with the parents. They also struggle quite a bit when the change happens. When the kids no longer feel like doing playing the games. Or mom has a meeting on game night. I appreciate my parents’ and my ability to adapt to the ever changing world around us. I can not think of a particular tradition that my family has, or had and was willing to break to try something new. I feel it has made me a better person and makes people better if they can take a swan dive into the deep abyss that is the unknown. Maybe in that deep abyss is the horrible creature waiting to swallow you up. Or maybe located in the deep abyss is a pile of whatever you love the most and can’t get enough of. So if you feel comfortable, try out change you might like it.