Clint - Albuquerque, New Mexico

Choices

I believe that choices control people’s lives. You decide! It is like driving with a general direction in mind, but there are many roads that will lead you there. Imagine you were driving on a rocky cliff and had to make a decision, would you take the road which would lead you slowly and safely to the bottom or the treacherous road that is dangerous but, you would be remembered for it.

We all make decisions, if we realize it or not they affect us. I make small decisions every day; “Do I want to do my home work, maybe, maybe not.” I know in the long run it will be better to do my work, but I decide if I do it or not. That is just a small choice that most teens make. Choices you and I make are very important because they affect our entire life and they also affect other people. It is also important that we think about what reaction our actions might cause.

A main decision I have made is to build a truck. This is an important choice because I have dedicated almost all of my time and effort into doing so. Right now my dad and I are on the forth year of building my fifty eight Chevy pickup. My truck has progressed a lot and I plan on continuing to modify and make it better. This is a choice I made because I really enjoy working on cars and mechanical things like that. I don’t know if this is going to help me in the long run but I love doing it so I plan to continue working on it.

In the future I want to pursue a career as a fireman. I like the thought of being able to help people that are in need and also be able to have a lot of fun. I might choose to change my mind but right now that is something I want to do. I believe that if I take the right roads and stay on track with school I can become a fireman or whatever I choose to do professionally.

Being a fireman and being a mechanic are both very important to me so I’m deciding to keep going in a direction where I can do these things. I believe that you control your life, if you have a goal and a direction you want to go, you can get there by making good choices.