Ernest - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe in the Constitution of the United States of America.

I believe that there is a reason the first article of the Constitution is about the powers of Congress.

I believe that the Congress is vested with the ultimate authority to shape the laws and policies of the United States.

I believe in the limitations of the federal government, and especially in the 10th Amendment of the Constitution which states, “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited to it by the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

I believe in Federalism, and of the ability for local and State governments to be more effective at promoting the general welfare than the Federal Government.

I believe in personal responsibility, and especially the accountability of our elected officials.

I believe that the Executive branch has become too powerful, and that Congress has abetted this increased power.

I believe this has occurred because the Congress had become more interested in the attainment and maintenance of party dominance than in its role of representing the sovereign States and the people of the United States.

I believe our elected officials are our voice within the Federal government and to the world.

Because of this, I believe that the people must hold their elected members of the Congress more accountable, regardless of party affiliation, to represent their wishes and the needs of their sovereign States.

I believe we are the Government we elect.

I believe in the Constitution.

Because I believe in the Constitution, I am not a Republican.

Because I believe in the Constitution, I am not a Democrat.

Because I believe in the Constitution, I am an American.