ray - boiling springs, North Carolina

I believe in prayer. It is a part of my life. Prayer makes a difference, changes things, and strengthens the mind, the body, and the soul.I was raised with a family that prays. It is my way of life. It is what I believe in, it is my dream!I believe prayer can change the situation of our current world. Prayer brings unity to nations. It can turn around a bad neighborhood, and make it a successful, thriving community. It brings about a personal change.

I believe that Prayer can bring you closer to GOD! It can also bring families together. I am an honest believer in the saying, “A family that prays together stays together.” My grandmother used to have us pray three times a day when I was younger. We prayed in the morning, at lunch, and before bed. I didn’t understand the importance of family prayer until I grew up to see the difference in families of the past and current families. Families of the past are still together due to prayer. Present day families are broken apart and have no structure.

I believe that prayer can change any situation. I remember getting out of the military and needing a job. It was very hard to find a good paying job; therefore, I had to settle for a low paying job working at a furniture factory. I spent nights at the church praying for a better job. One night I had a dream that my old job went up in flames. An old man came up to me and said, “I have a better job for you!” A couple days later I was offered a better job which was easier and paid twice as much as the furniture factory.

I believe that prayer can cause sick people to be healed. When I was younger a man that use to cut my hair, was diagnosed with prostate cancer. He was sent to the hospice and the doctors told us that he was going to die in a couple of days. Our church began to pray for him. A couple days later he was still alive and walking around. The doctors could not explain why he was still alive and getting better. Three months has passed and he is still alive.

I believe if you pray, believe in GOD, and keep the faith anything is possible!

This I believe.