Ambrose - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: sports

I believe that football is the best sport ever played. It’s a never ending battle between two teams and no matter the outcome; there is always another battle…another day to become victorious.

Football is not like any other sport. It’s do or die every game. If your team makes it to the playoffs, you don’t have a four game series to determine the winner. It’s one game, one night to prove to everyone how good you really are. But nothing comes easy in this game; you have to work hard everyday if you want to make it to the top.

It all starts in the summer after school ends. Waking up early in the morning to go to practice. The sun is rising while you are learning and running the plays on the field. Then after running plays you hit the weight room. Hearing the sound of the weights hitting the ground and loud music playing gets me excited because I know the season has begun.

As the summer progresses, the team starts to become like a family. All together as one hoping this season will be the year. That’s why I love football so much, especially Valley football. It’s such a great experience to play with all my teammates and coaches. Many people wouldn’t like to wake up early in the morning and practice, but that’s what I live for, to play the game and have fun with my teammates. I’m also grateful for how much my coaches push me to do better. It’s made me a better person and look at life in a different way. Now I can’t remember what I ate two days ago, but I can always remember what my coach tells me word for word. Everything he tells me just makes me want to work that much harder for the next game, and not just me but everyone. This is what makes football so great because every game you play, win or lose, it brings everyone closer together. When a player makes a great play everyone jumps and celebrates with him just as if he saved the world. But even if he makes a mistake, the team never lets him get down on himself because that’s the way we play football.

High School football is a fun and exciting sport that can change any person’s life. Every player on the team becomes like a brother to you, coaches become father like figures, and on the field under the lights becomes your home…this I believe.