Mike - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: good & evil

“This I Believe”

I believe karma is what goes around comes around. It is a powerful thing that no one can see physically. It is something that happens in your life good or bad, which could come back to you accordingly.

I believe that karma affects everyone. It is something that you learn from experience. We have been taught this since pre-school, you do good and good will happen to you. It is based on your choices, and that every action has a reaction. The reaction could be instant or could take months. Karma can be good or bad depending on your actions.

As a junior in high school I’ve had my share of good and bad karma. One of the biggest things that I believe karma was at its best was when one of my friends and I were at a gas station. It was late on a school night about 10 o’clock. When I was at the pump a boy about our age started talking to me. I automatically thought he was going to try and sell me something or ask for money. He asked if I could give him a ride to his hotel. He told me that he was from Las Vegas, New Mexico. That he was in town for his mom’s rosary and funeral. Feeling bad I asked where he was staying. He told me that he was staying at the red roof inn. As we left I started talking to him more and found t hat our families knew each other. My dad grew up there and most of my family still does. On the way over I couldn’t help but think what would happen if he pulled a gun on me…stole my jeep… I thought if this happened that I would hide my phone inside and if he took it to trace the phone. About half way he asked me if he could use my phone hesitant I gave it to him. He made a phone call and then gave it back. As we arrived at the red roof inn we stopped at the front lobby and dropped him off. He thanked us as he walked off.

On our way home Clint asked me what that was all about. I told him I knew his family in a way and that I was a big believer in karma. Being that we were late I was in a hurry home. We were on 2nd and Montano when some car started to race me. I was speeding already and just wanted to have some fun so I started speeding up. Almost to my turn I look in my mirror and tell Clint imagine if that was a cop. He turned around to look and then quickly told me that it was. I was positive that I was going to get a ticket. Knowing that he was behind me I pulled into the median expecting him to follow. To my surprise he didn’t follow us but as we watched he sped up to the next car to check its speed. As we turned I’m not positive but I believe the cop pulled over the other car. We arrived at my house I was so confused I didn’t know what to say. I looked at my phone to see what time it was and I looked to see who he called… The number that came up was shocking to me. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. It was a 239-5666… I thought this was just by chance that the last three numbers were 666.

I believe that the karma from taking home the boy named Anthony Lovato. My karma came back to me by not getting pulled over. Both my friend and I couldn’t believe what just happened. This is how karma could affect anyone. So always do your best to do good and good will happen to you.