Devin - Irvine, California

First Year Experience

Through out my experiences in life, whether good or bad, I have found that what goes around really does come around. From my earliest memories of winning awards and causing mischief I noticed that however hard I worked or what I did to be devious always had a consequence. This is why I believe in karma and logical realization of cause and effect.

I found and learned around my high school years that karma actually existed. Whether it was me psyching myself out or just the actual ideal happening to me, I noticed that for some reason whatever I did followed with an obvious fate. In my devious experiences I especially noticed this phenomenon. During my sophomore year of high school I had taken a path that most would consider spinning out and lost. Although I never got in trouble with society or my family during the time, later in my life I saw the side effects of my selfish actions. During my sophomore year I held good grades during the year but I never retained the information, so when I moved into my junior year I was a full step behind. When I finally got my act together noticed I lost all of my Friends who I considered really close since my freshman year and somewhat in my sophomore year. This was my first revelation to the idea that maybe my actions have an opposite reaction. After sophomore year had happened and I realized I was behind the rest of my peers and pushed myself to the limit, I focused all of my energy into sports, my girlfriend, and school in hopes that maybe I could reverse my mistakes from my past. Consequences to what I did were far different from my earlier experiences; I noticed I was in peek physical shape, my grades were not only perfect but I was being noticed by the staff at my school, and my girlfriend and I had an extremely healthy relationship as well. It seemed that through my efforts I had set my self up not only to compete with my colleagues but achieve the ability to enter colleges I never thought I would be accepted to. I won my swim finals, and got into honor programs for my senior year. Later I even noticed that with the effort put out in the classes I had I excelled on my SAT’s. Karma is real and if you put the effort or wish to experience life, you’ll probably get exactly what you deserve. Work hard, love unconditionally, and be happy, the consequences of this…….well you get the point. This I believe.