Garth - Scottsdale, Arizona

This I believe, God’s plan is the answer I always hear when our lives take an unexpected turn that we are never ready for. My friends and family always sound like a herd of sheep bleating, “It part of God’s plan.” The funny thing about God’s plan is no one here on earth ever knows what it really is. They say things like “Oh, I’m so sorry you got a divorce, I’m sure it will all work out, you know God has a plan for you both.” Or, “You know, hurricane Katrina was part of God’s plan.” So what is God’s plan? Will God ever tell me? When I die, will I have the chance to even ask, “God did you mean for all those things to happen to me?”

Did you ever notice, that when something good happens, I do not think I ever said, “Oh yeah! It was God’s plan.” I guess it was God’s plan for me to be laid off this past May, after working for 24 years. What do I tell the mortgage company? “I won’t be able to make my payment this month, in case you hadn’t heard, I switched over to God’s plan.” In addition, the electric bill, that also is on God’s plan.

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining. I just really want to know why everyone thinks that God’s plan always includes some of the worst things that can happen to a person. Even when my father died from cancer, yup you know it, it was God’s plan.

I guess I shouldn’t really complain, at least I’m not stuck over in Iraq, where there is no plan. Well, I’m glad I got all of that off my chest; I guess I’ll take some of my unemployment pay and hit the drive through. Oh shoot, how do you say “biggie size” in Spanish?