Cody - Cincinnati, Ohio

God is My Number 1 hero

I believe that God is everyone’s number one hero. I know that everyone has a hero that they see on TV like Superman. When I was younger I had a hero like that but now that I know that they aren’t real people or real heroes. I also have heroes that are family members like my grandpa, my dad, and my brother but they are people like us and they can’t always be there when you need them to. There is only one hero who can be there for all the time and he is God.

No matter what God will be there for me if I ask him to and he can to if you believe in him and ask him for your salvation. I have always believed in God but I never really realized how much he could do for people. I was going down the wrong path at the age of 14 and I never paid attention to what might happen to me if I kept on living for myself and not for God. I don’t think I would have got to give my salvation to God if it wasn’t for my brother and Friendship Baptist Church. They showed me the way to Jesus Christ.

I was going on a trip with Friendship Baptist Church and I was originally going just to go with my brother to Tennessee to have fun. We were at this camp for a week and the second day we were there my life was changed. We were at the church service listening to the speaker talk about Jesus and about the Bible. I was paying attention because I thought it was interesting. At the end of the service the speaker asked if there was anyone who hadn’t given up his or her salvation to the Lord Jesus Christ.

When he asked the first time I didn’t go up to the front to talk to someone about being saved because I was nervous. He asked again and I wasn’t going to go up there but I went up there because it was like God was telling me to. I talked to one of the chaperones named Jeff. He talked to me about being saved and showed me some verses in the Bible and then something that I never thought would happen happened. I gave up my salvation to God so that I would be able to go to Heaven to be with my new number one hero. I am going to live my life for my hero and then get to live in the best place ever with him. And that why my number one hero is God. And he could be your number one hero too.