Benjamin - Cincinnati, Ohio

I believe that every kid’s job in life is to make their parents proud, honor your name and who you are, and that pride is the key to leading a healthy normal life. These all connect to each other very well because in doing one it is very essential to do the other if you want to truly do the other, or at it’s like that for me. My family was never rich but we never would take help from the government and never ever go on well-fair. My family has always had a sense of pride so it was only natural that that be passed onto me. Now I said we were never rich but with that pride, my parents never quit and worked full time, but never forgot about raising us up right. All of this has lead me to believe what I believe.

Now, your parents always know what’s best because it that basic, they’ve already been a child and know everything you want to do and much more. My parents always have me a choice in all matters, even in early childhood, they always made me feel like an adult. This have me the most pride in my parents and that is why I feel that I must always make them proud of ;me, proud of the choices I’ve made. When making your parents proud it is essential to keep your dignity and never lower yourself to drugs or alcohol, you really want to be just like them. Doing your schoolwork putting yourself into positions in which to better yourself all to impress your parents.

Your parents already love you an have always been proud of you, but you need to further that because whatever pride they have in you, its never enough. So this life you lead continues and you get married, you keep your last name because that reminds you of the pride your parents have in you which then gets converted into a deep pride in yourself which if not contained can lead into being deeply self-centered, which is not good. You still have that drive to gain more pride so you get a well paying job from your highly profound college profile. You don’t necessarily have to love what you do because what you love to do may not always pay well which may lower your pride but more importantly your parents pride in you so a loved job just became obsolete.

Your must stay loyal to your wife because no parents want to have unfaithful children which may lead them to trust you so cheating is out of the picture as well. You most definitely can’t commit suicide because you can’t make your parents sad but more importantly you don’t want them to be ashamed of you. You can’t contract any emotional problems either because of the same reason, your parents pride in you. Following the same reason, you can’t contract an eating disorder or any physical disorders. You strive for a perfection that can not be reached, but none the less you have led a very successful life because of pride. Even though you may not know its there everyone has some sense of pride, whether you give into it or not we all have it. I believe that the people that give into this sense of pride will undoubtedly lead a better and healthier life, because pride connects to everything.