Tate - Conway, Arkansas

Life Isn’t Always Fair

Before I could walk across the street by myself, my parents protected me like most would, making sure I didn’t get hurt. I was shielded from violence, hate, and greed, because as a little kid you are supposed to feel sheltered. Now that I’m older I see just how unfair this world is. There are certain situations where the expression, “Life isn’t fair,” is used for excuse, but sometimes you just get the short end of the stick.

If life were fair then racial discrimination and violence would cease to exist, or maybe for some, if life were fair, one race would rule them all. Who knows? If life were fair everyone would be spoiled and have a loving family to support them. In real life things are quite the contrary. Racial discrimination isn’t on the rise as it use to be, but that doesn’t mean it’s gone. Violence from terrorists and gangs exists, but it can’t be stopped. How is life fair?

If life were fair, someone would have killed Uncle Sam already. Here he is, a cartoon, dressed in American flag replica clothing, taking all our hard earned money. If you think about it, he should be incarcerated for desecration of the flag, because according to law his clothing is illegal. The government has made laws and regulations for citizens to abide by, so that fairness can be achieved, but fair is one person’s perspective. When I saw what our world leaders did with Saadam Hussein after 9/11, I thought a lifetime of torture and enslavement was fair for his crime. Others might say they wished he was executed, but what’s fair is your decision.

Life isn’t fair, period. There has never been or ever will be fairness in this world. It can’t be achieved with laws or prayers. The only thing to do is what you think is right, because that is how our world is run. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad, but there will always be one person who will say something’s not fair. Those people need to stay inside for the rest of their lives, because they aren’t ready for the real world.