Kaitlynn - Cincinnati, Ohio

You can make a difference

You can make a difference in many ways, in your community, your school, and even in your own life, your difference can be small or big. The size doesn’t matter, what you do does.

In my school I make a difference. I am the secretary of my class and I along with the other class officers, help to make the students of our class have a great four years. I want to help these students make many memories to look back on and say what a wonderful time they had in high school. I help make up dances and fundraisers and such to help pay for fun activities to do our senior year. It’s nice to know that I could help create memories for someone else.

I make a difference in other peoples lives. I guess you could call them the community, but they are really just little girls. I cheered for Delhi Athletic Association for six years and have coached for four years now. I love doing this! I make up cheers and dances to teach them and they compete against other cheerleading squads. This takes up a lot of my time but it is worth it to see their faces and how much they enjoy it. I like knowing that I can affect one little person’s life let alone seventeen of them!

It’s hard to say how I’ve made a difference in my own life. I guess it could be by the decisions I choose to make each day that will impact me in the future. I would like to be a teacher someday and by doing my part, it could help my dream come true. By doing this I am preparing myself for greatness.

In school I pick up on what my teacher’s do, like how they settle down the class, what subjects they go over more, what techniques they use for lessons, and how they interact with the students. All teachers teach differently and I want all the tricks of the trade.

When I became secretary of my class, it was so that I could make a difference in my life as well as others. When I coach I am helping a child. I am helping them by building up their confidence, and telling them that they can do whatever they put their mind to.

A difference can be big or small, affect one life or many, what matters, is the difference made.