Kelvin - Jacksonville, Arkansas

I believe life is simple; we just make it complicated. For example, when I was a young boy, I had to distinguish right from wrong with the help of my parents. Once I learned right from wrong, I was held accountable. My parents would tell me to go to school and behave but instead, I would go to school to act a clown, knowing I was wrong for doing so. Little did I know, there was a spanking waiting for me when I got home. For some reason teachers and parents have a secret pack or correlation between each other in which I was totally clueless of. You can say I walked right into that one. Life is simple; we just make it complicated.

During high school I was cool and popular, which was a great time for me. Instead of working hard, I was worried about who can I impress the next day. That was pretty stupid because in doing so, I was lagging in my grades. For four straight years I became lazy and didn’t want to work on my assignments until the last minute. This had long term effects on me, for I am now 21 years of age, in my junior year in college and I realized waiting until the last minute to do my assignments causes lots of stress issues and problems for me. I hate old habits like this because till this day I still do the same thing!!!! Life is simple we just make it complicated.

If a person tallied up the many mistakes he or she made in ones lifetime, that person would have books upon books of mistakes recorded. Nobody is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, but to do something on purpose adds more complications to one’s life. From a religious stand point, one would say, “if we follow Gods plan and his will for our lives, then great things and blessings would come our way, but if we decide to go another path, hardships may come our way, thus making life more difficult.” I see life going in one direction-from childhood to adulthood to parenthood to elderly then to death. All the things that happen between theses stages of our life, determines the complicity of what life has to offer. Trial and error happens from childhood to adulthood stages. The decisions made during this time will determine what kind of life you would have. I understand that not all things are under my control, but of those things that are within my control, I want to make the best choices. Life would be a lot easier this way. This I believe.