Alex - Prescott, Arizona

I believe in the importance of family. Without family where would you be? Family is the basis of all the things that we do. When you are first born, it is your family that takes you in and teaches you what is right or wrong. When you begin to grow up and are able to talk and think for yourself, it is family who is there telling you that you are not allowed to be saying things like that. And family is the one who is the first to congratulate you on a job well done. But for those of us who were very unfortunate in our up bringing to not have a full family, who do we rely on? Who is that we go to for help? Who is it that we look up to? It is our closest friends that we spend the most time with. When mom is out working hard at her two jobs just to make sure that we can eat on payday, it is our friends that we have over to talk to, to show our success in school to. They are the ones who now control what is good or bad. Since mom isn’t home anymore, our friends become the main influence in our lives. By this point in time mothers hope that they have taught their kids well and hope that the children already know what is good or bad. It also helps when mom comes home from a sixteen hour day and still has the time and energy to sit and talk to her children to make sure that they are doing well in school and that her children and their friends are behaving while she is out. Family is the most important part of your life; like it or love it, it’s true. Without family in your life how much success would you have lost, or which road would you have actually traveled, the good or the bad? The importance of family is so great and this I believe.