Ryan - Pine Bluff, Arkansas

No God Needed?

I’m eighteen and I know that in the beginning of the United States, the U.S. was built and centered on religious beliefs. The puritans believed that there was a greater being that controlled everything; which is how we found God. God has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years. In 1892, Francis Bellamy wrote the Pledge of Allegiance. In 1954, Congress decided that the added “under God” to the pledge of allegiance; which was a meaning that America was a nation united under God. About two years ago, a man from California decided to start a protest against the Pledge of Allegiance saying that the words “under God” should be removed because of the fact that it’s forcing a belief in God, when in fact the Constitution states that you have the freedom of religion on your side.

From this point, a protest was formed against the public schools, which was basically a protest against making students free from having to say the Pledge of Allegiance, because of the fact that they did not believe in God. Another point in time which shows that people wants to do away with God is the fact that of people wanting to take the words “In God We Trust” off of money because it was looked at as that the country is one religion.

This I believe is an issue that is being over look right now that could lead to another civil war. Most people don’t realize that religion plays such a big part in this world that religion basically controls the world. If people start to look at all fact about God in the U.S, they would find out that America was built around God and without God the U.S. is not the U.S. because if you take the foundation of a building, the entire rest of the build will fall. If you think about it God is what brings us closer together, especially when an incident occur like blowing up the Worlds Trade Center. Today more and more people say that they don’t believe in God, and that there is not need to say that we live under God. I have figured out that there are several people that want to get rid of God out of the U.S. and I believe that at this rate someone is going to start a riot against God saying that God doesn’t belong in America.

In response, I do believe that people that want to take God out of America are a constant increasing rate; which in fact, is like a country inside of a country, because they feel as if they have to believe in God, they need to be annexed. This is a topic that I strongly believe will lead to a change in the U.S. because of God.