Andrew - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: purpose

Everything has a Purpose

I believe that everything has a purpose. Some purposes are more obvious than others. Without a purpose why would something exist.

Being a Catholic, I was raised with the belief that God created everything. I still believe this today. I was taught that God didn’t just create everything just because he felt like it, but because it has a purpose. Believing in this is my bases for, well everything. At one point in time I did think that maybe people and everything else don’t have a purpose but that they are just here. But if we were just here than why do anything. Why obey laws and be nice or be cruel. What would be the point of trying to stay alive, fighting wars, making inventions, communicating with other people, or even existing. The answer is there wouldn’t be.

Existing. What does it mean to exist? If you look it up in a dictionary it’ll say to be real, to have being, or to have life. That’s all nice and dandy but that doesn’t say anything about why things exist. There really would be no reason for something to exist if it didn’t have a purpose.

For example, a dishwasher washes dishes for you so you don’t have to. Its purpose is to make your life easier. Another example would be a clock.

A clock tells time so that we can measure the rotation and revolution of the earth and incorporate it in our every day lives.

Some things have multiple purposes. A computer, for example, performs many tasks. One of these tasks is to play games. Another task is to get on the Internet and communicate. Of course there are many more that I don’t even know about. Human beings are another thing that has multiple purposes. It is much harder to find out a living things purpose compared to a nonliving thing, especially one that was made by humans.

The purpose of human beings is not to create an easier way of living. It’s not to create new medicines so that people live longer. It’s to take care of all the big things. To use are minds to solve problems like famine and stuff that affects the world. Disease and death are always going to be there. People are always going to have it hard. We have a gift to create ideas with are mines and to solve problems. That’s our purpose, to solve the real problems in the world, even the universe. To help everything, not just our selves.