Candace - Cincinnati, Ohio

Love and Loyalty

Loyalty , my core moral value. I believe you earn someone’s trust by being loyal. In any relationship loyalty is a key component. It is the foundation of every relationship in life. Loyalty is always a part of all my major decisions.

Friendship, family, values, love, school and many other aspects of life must have loyalty to succeed. Lies and deception may get you places, but in the long run they can only hurt you. I believe everyone has had an experience where they have been betrayed, some worse than others. One of my most horrible experiences was when a few friends a few years ago betrayed my trust. It especially hurts when the person who betrayed you is a close friend or family member. Once someone has betrayed your loyalty it is hard to get over the hurt and then forgive and to be able to just forget. It is said that one should forgive and forget, but that is much easier said than done. Even though my experience was years ago I will never forget how it affected me. Once someone has betrayed a marriage they are almost never the same. Many relationship are completely ruined because of loyalty issues.

Whenever I make a big decision I always make sure I am being loyal to myself. If one is not loyal to oneself , their decisions will never make them completely happy. If one is not loyal to someone it can make you feel really guilty. When my friends have had problems they know they can always come to me and I will always keep it to myself. They always know I will defend them when people are talking bad about them. It is always a great feeling to know that you have someone to stand up for you. A loyal friend will always have your back. Family is expected to always be loyal, although in some situations that is not always true. It must be very difficult. My family is always the most people. I give complete loyalty and expected the same in return.

As you have seen, loyalty is probably one of the most important things in the world. It is what can either save a relationship or ruin it forever. Love and loyalty are so closely related, you can not have one without the other. Loyalty is the most important quality in a person.