Lindsay - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: family, setbacks

I Believe…

One belief that is very dear to my heart is family. I believe family is the most important thing in life. Everyone needs their family. Your family guides you. They are always there to encourage and support you through everything you do in life. Your family helps you deal with all your problems. I believe family is vital.

Spending quality time with your family is the most important and essential things you can do. Your family helps you with everything. They are always there to influence you and a lot of your decisions you will make in life. Your family is there to love and care for you. Being with your family, in my opinion, will boost your self- esteem and make you a happier and better person in the long run. My family is always there for me and I look up to each member in so many ways.

Unfortunately, at one point in my life my belief in family was tested. We were the “picture perfect” family. Everyone was so happy. We were so fortunate and blessed to have each other. But something happened to our family I thought would change my life forever. My parents decided to separate. My sister and I were devastated. My idea of our “picture perfect” family was shattered. My family was breaking apart. It was incredibly hard for me to cope, but I still had my strong belief in family. I believed our family would survive and make it through this rough time. I knew this was just a time in my life I was going through and I had to learn how to deal with it. I needed to understand why my parents were doing this. I didn’t know what to think anymore. I was confused. My dad always preached to my sister and me how important family was. My mom and dad would always tell us “a family that prays together stays together.” I believed in that encouraging saying so much. I knew we would get through this tough time. My parents ended up working things out and my belief in family stayed strong. Our family is closer and stronger now than we ever were. I spend as much time with my family as I can. Family is the most important thing in my life besides God and my friends. My family helps me get by everyday. I cherish and value my family with my all my heart.