JR - Brewster, Washington

Living a Life of Regrets

“I should have done this.” “I wish I would have done that.” I hear quotes like this all the time from people, mostly adults, regretting what they did back in their lifetime.

I have come to the conclusion that I don’t want to live like that. I want to look back on my life and say I did everything I wanted to, and held nothing back. I want people to remember me by the person who lived life how it was supposed to be lived. I’m sure that’s what they all say, but I’m going to be different. Maybe that’s what I’m trying to get at being the same isn’t always the best. Being different then someone could be better in the long run.

Now I’m not sitting here telling you that that I have never held anything back or that I never will. I’m just trying to say that I believe you shouldn’t hold anything back do what you want to when you want to do it. Maybe that’s a little immature but who knows maybe it will all work out.

“No Regrets,” it’s probably the most common thing you hear out of students, people like me everyday. I have come to realize it’s easier said than done. What happens when you hit an obstacle in your life? Do you take the easy way, the way that’s going to be easiest to deal with right now, or do you take the hard way? Well most people would take the easy way. Then look back on life and pull the “I wish I would of done that,” and that is when I believe you need to be different. Look at you now, you have regrets and it happens to almost all people that took the easy way out. But if you are different than most people you take the hard way, the “challenge” if you will and look back at it and say, “Man I’m sure glad I worked a little bit harder now look where I am.

I believe in many things. Today I have come to believe in another. I believe living a life without regrets requires you to be different than most people.