Catlin - Cincinnati, Ohio
Themes: question

Go Ahead, Ask Questions!

I believe you should ask questions and think about everything—even weird or morbid topics.

I live my life day to day thinking about and questioning random things…and I totally love it. I think this started one day when I was thinking about death. No, I wasn’t thinking about how I wanted to die (or something depressing along those lines), but just about death in general. What happens? Is there really a Heaven? I mean, you’re just…dead. How is it possible that life just ends? Will I see my family and friends again? Will I be able to have a conversation with River Phoenix or Marilyn Monroe? Now I’ve got you thinking about death too, huh?

I brought this topic up with my mom. Luckily, she wasn’t creeped out by the fact that her fifteen year old, honor student daughter was thinking about death. In fact, she started talking about her thoughts on death too! It was one of the most fascinating conversations I have ever had. Cremated or Buried? Will we ever see each other again? Why are we talking about death?

I decided life is more interesting if you question it. Now that I’ve analyzed death, I figure I should live my life to the fullest because one day I’m not going to be around anymore. The best way for me to live my life is to question everything about it. I love walking down the hallways in school, and seeing someone with a horrible outfit on. I begin to wonder why they chose that outfit. Is it really their favorite outfit, and, here I am criticizing it? Asking questions is a really good way to pass time, trust me.

Is it possible to have a favorite question to ask people, or have a favorite topic? I think so. Aside from death, I also like to talk about God. I’m not an overly religious person, nor am I atheist. I just love hearing people’s thoughts on him. Did he create the world, or is science behind creation? Was there a Jesus, and did he walk on water? Who is this Noah guy?

I love it so much! I personally believe everyone should ask questions about everything. Why not? What else have you got to do with your time? I mean, just question time! See, it’s clear I love asking questions, and spending my time thinking about anything and everything. Look at how many question marks I’ve used.

I believe people should question everything around them. Why aren’t they already?